Edward H. Park MD – Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Edward H. Park is a board certified plastic surgeon with the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and with the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Park is dedicated to the artistry of plastic and reconstructive surgery. He specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, and has the unique ability to understand the importance of the natural appearance a person is seeking by combining meticulous technique with creative enhancement.
Dr. Park graduated from The Johns Hopkins University where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in the field of biophysics. Subsequently, he obtained his Doctorate in Medicine from The Pennsylvania State University where he discovered his passion for plastic surgery. He attended Stanford University where he completed his training in the field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from Internship to Chief Resident. At Stanford, he was active in research involving wound healing and stem cell research that awarded him a national research grant from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation. He has also presented his research at national meetings such as The Plastic Surgery Research Council and The California Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Park is committed to being compassionate to each patient’s individualistic needs. He combines this passion with his delicate skills in all areas of plastic surgery including a specialized interest in facial aesthetic surgery, breast and body contouring surgery, and minimally invasive procedures.
|2000-2005||General Surgery/ Plastic Surgery Residency||Standford Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA|
|1999-2000||Internship||Stanford Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA|
|1995-1999||M.D.||The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA|
|1990-1994||B.A. Biophysics||The John Hopkins, University, Baltimore, MD|
|1986-1990||H.S. Diploma||Palos Verdes, H.S., Palos Verdes, CA|
- December 12th, 2008 – American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Research Grant 2004 (awarded $4000) “In Vivo Trafficking of Adipose-derived Multipotent Stem Cells to Wound Sites.”
- Sound Surgical Research Award 2004 (awarded $500) “Safety and Efficacy of Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: Retrospective Review.”
- Thuss Family Resident Research Award 2003 (awarded $1000) “In Vivo Trafficking of Adipose-derived Multipotent Stem Cells to Wound Sites.”
- Medical School: *Honors: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Subinternship, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Research, Principles of pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Human physiology, Human anatomy, Biochemistry, Histology, Human neurobiology, Behavioral science.
- Park, Edward H., Halperin, Bruce, Commons, George. “Safety and Efficacy of Ultrasonic Liposelection Using the VASER Device.” (in progress)
- Park, Edward H., Gruber, Ron. “Upper Lateral Cartilage Turnover as a Functional Spreader Graft” (in progress)
- Park, Edward H., Kong, Wu Yi, Fong, Kenton D., Longaker, Michael T., Lorenz, H. Peter. “Identification of Potential Antifibrotic Genes during Scarless Repair.” Presented at the 2003 PSRC meeting.
- Park, Edward H., Kong, Wu Yi, Fong, Kenton D., Ting, Kang, Soo, Chia, Hedrick, Marc, Lorenz, H. Peter. “Macroarray Analysis of Fetal Skin Development: Implications for Understanding Scarless Wound Healing.” Presented at the 2003 CSPS meeting.
- Park EH, Mackay DR, Manders EK, Segal LS. “Replantation of the midfoot in a child: six-year follow-up with pedobarographic analysis,” Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 1999 Jul; 15 (5):337-41.
- Hall WW, Park E, Boemi L, Hauck RM, Graham WP III. “Correction of areolar depression in postsurgically treated gynecomastic patients,” Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1999 April; 42 (4): 452-454.
- Georas S, Cumberland J, Burke T, Park E, Ono S, Casolaro V. “Characterization of a novel negative regulatory element in the human interleukin-4 promoter,” Leukemia. 2000 April; 14 (4): 629-35.
- Edward Park, Patty Lee, Augustine M. K. Choi. Increased expression of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) mRNA in A549 pulmonary epithelial cells by transforming growth factor-B (TGF-B). The FASEB Journal, Abstracts Part II, Vol 9 (4): A657, March 10, 1995.
- 2003-present, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- 1995-present, American Medical Association
- 1997, Community Education Outreach Program, Treasurer
- 1996, Class of 1999, Treasurer
- July 2005 – present, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Edward H. Park, M.D., 1330 San Bernardino Rd. Ste. C, Upland, CA
- Academic, 1997-1998, Volunteer research, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, Hershey Medical Center
- Summer, 1996, Volunteer, Cardiovascular research, Hershey Medical Center
- Jan – July, 1995, Senior Lab technician, The Johns Hopkins Allergy and Immunology Center
- Summer, 1993, Volunteer, Vascular Research Center, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Summer, 1992, Lab Assistant, Neuroendocrinology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institute
- Violin (Competitive 1982-1990), classical music, golf, skiing, racing, tennis, billiards, model airplanes