Fat transfer for breast augmentation is not a new phenomenon. For years surgeons have been experimenting with new techniques to safely transfer a woman’s own fat from other parts of her body to help enhance her breasts.
Fat is a natural occurring substance in the human body which is not easily transfered. The fat has to be properly harvested with care from other parts of the body and prepared for placement. It’s a process that very few surgeons have mastered. However, the procedure has some merits and for those who can afford the procedure and contend with the recovery are very happy with their results.
Some of the benefits of a fat transfer natural breast augmentation are:
- The fat used comes from your own body
- Fat harvested from other parts of the body can improve your body shape
- There is more control on how to contour and form the newly augmented breast – more so than using implants
- Smaller incisions are used reducing the risk of scarring
- Can be used on top of breast implants to help cover up an unnaturally looking breast augmentation
- Breast feel completely natural
This type of breast augmentation is not for everyone, however, a good candidate for fat grafting breast augmentation should meet the following requirements.
- In good health
- A woman has enough body fat to undergo the procedure
- Women who have undergone breast reconstruction
- A woman who receives normal mammography testing